Yum. Sometimes, eating healthy gets a bad wrap as tasteless or (gasp!) un-fun. Well, let me assure you that I love food way too much to live an tasteless life and as for fun-it’s my number one goal. So when I find a recipe that looks too delectable to pass up, I do everything in my power to adapt it for healthier eating.
Which brings us to turkey sliders. The King’s Hawaiian sweet rolls are to die for but for obvious reason (sweet? duh.) one must limit their intake. So I decided to not serve them as empty dinner rolls but instead as covers for delectable little burgers that are totally satisfying, but not hugely out of proportion as many burgers can be. Just try not to eat the whole plate, which the additional avocado and arugula garnish should help to avoid.
- 1 pound organic all natural ground turkey
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 avocado
- 1 small bunch fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan reggiano (fresh)
- 1 package Kings Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- Olive Oil for basting
- Mix Turkey, Salt and dijon mustard in bowl.
- Form mixture into 8 mini burgers.
- Coat each side of the burgers in very light olive oil. (This helps seal in juices and keeps meat from sticking to grill.)
- Grill each burger for 2-3 minutes a side.
- While grilling, prepare Kings rolls with a few pieces of shaved parmesan, then arugula then a slice of avocado.
Serve with a big green salad or fresh corn on the cob.